Temple B’rith Shalom Mitzvah Circle
The Mitzvah Circle was formed in the late 1980’s by Mimi Etlin and Shirley Brohner. Its goal was essentially to provide help to members in need, since most of us living in Prescott are away from family members who would normally be there in times of need. As Temple B’rith Shalom is a congregational family, it makes sense that those able to care for others would make themselves available to do so.
The Mitzvah Circle, therefore, is EVERYONE because all of us need help at some time in our lives and almost everyone is willing and capable of extending a hand to those in need from time to time. All of us can choose what, how, when, and how often we are willing to help another member.
Check the list and think about which of these fits your interest and schedule. Add to the list with your ideas. Think about how much time you can give. Then, give the temple a call at (928) 708-0018
- Drive a member to a doctor/dentist/hospital visit, Temple event/service.
- Cook/bake for members who may be in need of a meal.
- Be available to deliver a meal to a homebound/grieving member.
- Attend a Shivah Service.
- Visit a member at home/in the hospital/nursing home.
- Make a phone call to a homebound/ill person.
- Locate and provide information of available local social services in our area.
Check the list and think about which of these fits your interest and schedule. Add to the list with your ideas. Think about how much time you can give. Then, give us a call.